11.04.2007

Another quick post...

I just finished up all the work I had to do today, and we're going out to dinner for my grandfather's and my brithday tonight, so this will have to be quick. My grandfather and I share a birthday of November 6th - election day this year :-) Usually my mom makes dinner at the house but this year we're going out to dinner. I'll let you know how that goes, but it should be fun.


This is the package I received in the mail yesterday from Mary Kathryn as part of my first exchange. I don't know how she did it, but she picked the perfect pattern for me - green is my favorite color, and after my trips to Scotland I really like thistles. The squares are beautiful. She also sent some linen, pretty green and purple silk to stitch with, and a care package from Celestial Seasonings. It was a great way to start off the week of my birthday, especially since none of my family support my craft hobbies.

Last night I went to see Bee Movie with my aunt C. Despite the overload of commercials and promos and all the hype, it was actually a great movie, very funny. There were multiple problems with the projector though, so don't go see it at Fresh Meadows. I can knit in the dark (and without looking) so I brought my hat to work on and finished almost an entire ball of yarn, which only made the night more fun. It also kept me from eating much popcorn. Hmm, I should start marketing the knitting diet...

Over this weekend I got very far on the-project-I'm-not-supposed-to-have-started, per my rotation and stithching goals that is, but now I'm out of one of the Kreinik colors I'm using. For those of you keeping score at home, that's right: I used up an entire roll of thread in under a week on this project. Luckily when I was in Michael's last Tuesday I saw that the color I need is one of the 3 that they have in stock, so I'm going to run over there and pick it up before dinner. But that means signing off, getting dressed post haste and dashing. So I'll have to owe you a longer post later.

Here's hoping that none of us run out of supplies in the middle of a project today, and
a good week to all.

K

1 comment:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Mary Kathryn's square is gorgeous! Yay YOU! :)