11.12.2007

Construction destruction

The company I work for is doing expanding the building I work in, and whatever they're working on today is making the entire building vibrate. Every so often we get the odd rumble and shake thrown in for good measure. I'm hoping the construction doesn't destroy the rest of the building, it's shaking a LOT. I need to find a way to work from home the rest of the week!

On the plus side, I now know what to expect an earthquake to feel like.

I got a lot of stitching done this weekend. I finished the backstitching on my unnamed project and only have the saying and the border left to stitch. I think I've backed myself into a corner with some of my thread & color substitutions so I put it back in the wip pile. Instead I picked up the BC month snappers.





My only *finish* for the weekend was this is the hat I knitted with the Bernat felting yarn that I found at A.C. Moore the other day. It's my first *real* felting project, so I don't have high expectations for how it turns out.

I need to think of a very quick birthday gift for a friend of my mom's, I just heard that we're going to dinner with her tonight. Any suggestions? Hmm, maybe she'd like an oversized pink hat ;-)

Ttys!

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Thanks so much for visiting me!

I love your hat....I know I could never accomplish that on my first or fifteenth attempt!

Bring on Project Runway...make it work! : )

Beatrice said...

That hat is so cute , I love the color. Great job.