Thursday night I went out to Karaoke with Other Kim, a friend from college, and M, a friend of hers from college. Other Kim, aka Kimberly, found a great little place in the West Village that's reasonably priced and has small private rooms, so the 3 of us had our own. I'm not a fan of those karaoke bars where you're singing in front of strangers and have to share the mike.

This was our second time going just the three of us, we went last week too. It was soooo much fun!, and a great way to end a busy, stressful week at work. We're going back next week :-)

Friday was crazy at work. I had 2 high-priority deadlines, and then JC tells me that the French team bounced back his report again, and asked would I take a look at it? It turned out that there was one glaring problem (which I caught and fixed), and one problem that took until 3:30 to diagnose... and I leave at 3 on Fridays. I didn't mind staying late, especially since the guy from the French office was at work still at 9:30 on a Friday night. My boss rocks, he knew I had to get home for for Shabbat so he took over troubleshooting so I could leave.

I didn't go straight home, I stopped at my Grandma's a couple of blocks away from my house. It was her birthday Friday, so everyone went over there with cake and cards and flowers. She's really out of it, but she seemed okay yesterday and happy to see us. She really liked the sparklers on her cake, so we relit it and resang happy birthday. She was joking a little and gave my dad a hard time. It was good to see her.

I called my LNS on Thursday night and asked them to mail me a couple of things I'd ordered, because I haven't had time to go out there to pick them up. Well guess what showed up in the mail Saturday! It takes me 30-45 minutes to drive to my LNS and I usually have to leave work early to do it, so I think I'll be ordering from them a lot more in the future. It was a small order this time - just some buttons for my F & S exchange and the LHN Iced Tea Threadpack. I'm doing the Tea threadpacks on 1 piece of fabric, and I'm considering finishing them as a boxtop for a teabox, if I can find a pretty wooden box that fits them.

This morning I woke up with a sore throat and the worst cold, so I canceled my plans to go meet my friends and see their new baby. Don't want to get a baby sick! I got an email from the French guy that they needed their report rerun, so I did that... and hopefully built a little goodwill towards the NY office.

There's a superbowl party on the UWS but I'm really not in the mood to take all those trains with my cold. Oh well, my dad's having some friends over here to watch the game, I can crash with them :-)

Happy Sunday!


Jennifer said...

Lots of tea with honey in it always helps me (and avoid any kind of milk products). Feel better soon!!!

mercy said...

Hope you feel better soon! My younger cousin was here last night with a bad cold and this morning I woke up with a scratchy throat. Where is this karaoke bar??? We've been dying to go to one but like you I don't want to sing in front of a bunch of strangers. I love Diana's shop! I also ordered some things from her and they got there super quick! Again feel better! TTYL

Ranae said...

So glad you found a dress.
karaoke is fun till you get a drunk that cant sing or dance, lol.
My hubby says I should have my LNS ship to me, buts thats no fun,lol.
I hope you get feeling better.