- Fill up a soup pot with water, put a chicken in, and bring to a boil on the stove.
- When the water's boiling, my mom says to "skim the fat off, and any 'chicken crud' that floats to the surface."
- Add 2 carrots, 2 stalks of celery and 2 parsnips. You can cut them in half but no smaller, because you're going to be fishing them out later.
- Tie a whole bunch of Dill together and put it on the top - you're fishing this out later as well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Not too much!
- Leave it on the stove for 2-4 hours. I'd say between 3 and 4.
- When you're done cooking it, fish out the chicken and the veggies.
- The dill goes in the trash.
- Put some pieces of chicken in the soup when you serve it. Give the rest to the dog. (Sky enjoys chicken soup days :-)
- The carrots and parsnip are placed in seperate containers, and sliced back into the soup when you serve it. I don't remember if the celery gets served or not, but you might as well.
Mom says you can put Chicken Consomme powder in for more flavor, but then you're making chicken soup from powdered chicken soup and she (and I) think that's silly.
Thanks for all your help with the Bronze dilemma!